The Duke of Wellington is a cosy, country gastropub in the beautiful village of East Keswick in North Leeds. Delivering premium service with Yorkshire charm, we serve fresh food and quality drinks inside the pub and al fresco in the terraced garden.
We offer a lunchtime sandwich menu, evening menu and a Sunday menu featuring our special Sunday roasts as well as daily specials. Little Dukes are catered for with their own menu and furry friends are welcome in the bar and boot room.
We have a selection of cask ales, lagers, spirits and a quality wine selection as well as tea and freshly ground coffee.
East Keswick is situated four miles south west of Wetherby, at the heart of the so-called golden triangle of Wetherby, Harrogate and Leeds. This idyllic village is surrounded by beautiful walks and the Duke of Wellington makes for the perfect pit stop!
This building has been a public house from at least 1822, when it was recorded in Baine’s Directory – the earliest known trade directory to include East Keswick. The present dedication also survives from this time. Of the host of buildings that once occupied this site, much has been cleared: a description of 1876 identified two adjacent cottages, a wheelwright’s shop, a garden, ‘pigcoates’ and coalhouses. Also beneath the present car park lie the remains of a barn and stables.